1. Our nephew Silas was born!- 10 days early. We got to go visit our brother and sister and meet Silas this past weekend. He is so precious and we are praising God for his life!
2. Discovered that the radio program “Revive our hearts” posts all of its programming for downloading/listening online. I am so encouraged by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and have been devouring the series ‘The Counter-Cultural Woman: A Fresh Look at Proverbs 31’.
3. I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of two books I ordered-
There’s no place like home by Mary Larmoyeux and Ethan Pope and
Biblical Womanhood in the home by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
4. Tried several recipes this month the best being this easy Oatmeal Apple Crisp- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-oatmeal-crisp/
& Pioneer Woman’s Restaurant style Salsa- http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/01/restaurant-style-salsa/. So delicious and so cheap- 6$ for over 6 cups of Salsa and whatever you don’t use you can just freeze!
5.) I finally made a framed chalkboard for our kitchen with the help and input of my sweet husband. I purchased a large picture frame at Michael’s when they were 55% off (score!) and the Martha Stewart brand chalkboard paint- which I would not recommend for bigger surfaces like the 20×24 inch surface I was trying to paint.
Nick’s artistry 🙂
Frame painted with Behr’s Spa
6. Got to go on a day trip to the zoo with the family I nanny for today- complete with 1 minivan, 3 adults, 3 children, lots of caffeine, 1 Bojangles run, 1 trip to Chick-fil- a, 1 stop at Hobby Lobby, minimal grumbling, and lots of animals! Some favorites from the day:
blurry but he got so close to us!
Mama gorilla carrying baby on her back. 🙂
Second family 🙂